I'm jumping on board with The Three Tangent Tuesday:
1. I HATE, HATE, HATE to have pruny hands. No lie - when I am in a hot tub or bathtub or swimming, I hold my hands to my face to keep them dry and non-prunish. My husband laughs at me - but I also hate to be touched by pruny hands. Nothing is worse than trying to do mommy-baby swimming lessons with this handicap. If my husband even touches me with pruny hands I freak....I can't stand it! - Go ahead make fun, but this is my worst nightmare -
2. My tailbone protrudes....and it's bad. I have a tail! It wasn't as noticable when my butt was in the right spot - but since becoming a mom, gaining and losing weight - my butt has decreased in size and dropped like 20 inches! And so now you can see my lovely protruding tailbone....and it hurts so bad to do crunches on it because that's what hits the ground the most.
3. I have a soda drinking problem....back in the day I was way worse. Seriously my husband and I almost broke off our engagement due to my problem. I used to go get a 32 oz every day...and I meant every day. This is something I am not proud of...it was a bad time in my life (LOL that makes it sound like it was serious...haha) And my husband was not very happy with my desire to do it on Sundays. I remember one Sunday no lie having a screaming fight with him because he did not want me to go buy a soda. This is actually so embarassing! But I have gotten so much better - and though it may not seem so - I have cut back soooo much on soda. But if I could...and it wasn't bad for you or lots of calories - I would drink Dr. Pepper all day long ever day and skip eating!
There you go - don't judge me for my crazy faults! I should really have picked ones not so weird about me!
So here’s my week:
1. I HATE, HATE, HATE to have pruny hands. No lie - when I am in a hot tub or bathtub or swimming, I hold my hands to my face to keep them dry and non-prunish. My husband laughs at me - but I also hate to be touched by pruny hands. Nothing is worse than trying to do mommy-baby swimming lessons with this handicap. If my husband even touches me with pruny hands I freak....I can't stand it! - Go ahead make fun, but this is my worst nightmare -
2. My tailbone protrudes....and it's bad. I have a tail! It wasn't as noticable when my butt was in the right spot - but since becoming a mom, gaining and losing weight - my butt has decreased in size and dropped like 20 inches! And so now you can see my lovely protruding tailbone....and it hurts so bad to do crunches on it because that's what hits the ground the most.
3. I have a soda drinking problem....back in the day I was way worse. Seriously my husband and I almost broke off our engagement due to my problem. I used to go get a 32 oz every day...and I meant every day. This is something I am not proud of...it was a bad time in my life (LOL that makes it sound like it was serious...haha) And my husband was not very happy with my desire to do it on Sundays. I remember one Sunday no lie having a screaming fight with him because he did not want me to go buy a soda. This is actually so embarassing! But I have gotten so much better - and though it may not seem so - I have cut back soooo much on soda. But if I could...and it wasn't bad for you or lots of calories - I would drink Dr. Pepper all day long ever day and skip eating!
There you go - don't judge me for my crazy faults! I should really have picked ones not so weird about me!
So here’s my week:
M: 3 miles (barely did 3)
T: 5 miles - That's right!! It was hard and long - 62 minutes...but I did 5 miles! Can I get a hallejulah!!!
W: 2 miles
R: Boot Camp
F: 3.5 miles
S: Boot Camp & 3.5 mile run outside - if the weather cooperates!
So I got a really good discount and so I decided to subscribe to Runner’s World. Maybe that will help me be a better runner and give me more tips on how to help improve my time and how to run further. I know these first two weeks of the training have mostly been to help my endurance. I’ve never ran so many miles in a week before starting this so I know I need to be patient…but I just want to start running further and longer. I want to magically be running 10 miles already. It’s all a mental game. Trying to mentally believe in myself…believe that I can run 5 miles, run 6 miles, run 13.1 miles. It seems unreal and unbelievable that I could even accomplish anything close to a half marathon.
I know my blog is kind of lame – so thanks everyone that reads it. It’s kind of like my running journal. On my way to being someone worth reading….someone who can show people that this is doable….but first I have to actually do something and succeed!



Your blog is totally not lame! I am only bummed I didn't know about it sooner! It's inspirational and motivating! It's so nice to see where I have the potential of being--of BECOMING.
ReplyDeleteYou're incredible, and I am just so happy to "know" you-- :)
Yeah, I agree with Rachel in the fact that I did not know about this blog sooner!! It is very inspirational and motivating!! Did I ever tell you how awesome of a cousin I have??? See what happens when I go stocking blogs - lol! I love this blog! Love and miss you :)
ReplyDelete